Preparation Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
Makes: 15 Ladoos
2 cups Ladoo Besan
½ cup Ghee
1 cup powdered sugar or boora
4 green cardamoms
1 or 2 tablespoon Golden Raisins
1. Dry roast the besan in a kadai or pan on slow flame for about 1112 mins.
2. Keep on stirring continuously right from the beginning, so that the besan is not burned and so that there is even browning.
3. While roasting the besan, melt the ghee and keep aside. After 1112 minutes of total roasting time, add the melted ghee and continue roasting the besan for some more 56 minutes stirring continuously.
4. The besan would start to give a nice nutty fragrance and will start releasing ghee. Once you get a strong nutty fragrance then switch off the fire. Remove the pan from the stove and keep down.
5. Add powdered sugar or boora, for best taste use the boora.
6. Stir well so that no lumps are formed. Add the powdered cardamom and raisins. you can also add chopped dry fruits at this stage. stir well.
7. Once you have mixed the besan ladoo mixture well then let it cool down to room temperature.
8. Make small or medium sized besan ladoos and store them in air tight container.