Chickpea Flour Frittataamir hamza @ 2021-03-23 05:33:04 -0400
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 45 Minutes
Makes: 10 Pieces
1/3 c. of chopped vegetables, cooked or raw
1/4 c. Besan Flour
1 large egg
1/4 c. water
1 Tbsp. crumbled feta or goat cheese (optional)
2 Tbsp. diced or crumbled sausage or other meat (optional)
2 Tbsp Ghee
freshly ground black pepper
Arugula with a squeeze of fresh lemon
1. If you’re working with raw vegetables, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. When the pan is hot, add 1 Tbsp. of ghee and vegetables and sauté until just tender, about 5 minutes. Set pan aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together besan flour, egg, water, and a pinch of salt. Stir in the vegetables and cheese and/or meat if using.
3. Place large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 Tbsp. of ghee to the pan.
4. Pour in the frittata batter and tilt the pan to spread it evenly. Fry the frittata until edges are crispy, 3-4 minutes, then flip and fry the other side until golden. Slide frittata onto a cutting board and cut into wedges.
5. Drizzle with ghee, sprinkle with a bit of salt and several grinds of black pepper. Serve immediately with optional toppings.